Revealing God's Plan

“Therefore we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God.” (2 Corinthians 5:20)

In fact our citizenship is now in heaven (Philippians 3:20). We are in the world, but not of the world. We are now born from above, from God. But God has us here as his representatives, his ambassadors. As ambassadors, we are not doing our own business, but the business of heaven.
As ambassadors for Christ, we should be speaking for God, not for ourselves. We should be speaking accurately in Christ’s name (Luke 24:47;Colossians 3:17; 1 Peter 4:11; Isaiah 59:21). Our mission is to work with God to bring rebels to the place where they will obey the gospel. All men are rebels by nature and need a radical change if they are going to have any eternal future with God. The old must go, the new must come (2 Corinthians 5:17).

As I stare off into the mountains only one thing comes to mind," Lord, what direction
are you taking me?" When I first started my journey 7 years ago of creating
a new life for myself I made one promise to God. "Lord, if you were willing
to send your Son here on earth, live life as a man, face temptation, ridicule, betrayal,
persecution, death, HELL and back to life again!  Then I give you My Life, to do
what You Will. No matter how difficult, frustrating or even how angry I may get.
I owe you my life of complete dedication. You Died for me, I now Live for You."
Letting my old self go has been no easy walk. I didn't chose to change 
because I had to, but because I wanted to. I had the fortunate privilege of meeting God
30 years ago, for 7 nights. An experience I will never forget! Sometimes I wish 
I could go back and sit in His presence again, but as He told me before
"You have to go back, and can't come back." While I'm alive at least. There will be one day
when I will get to see His face again, but for now I have a job to do here on earth!







And that job is letting those who don't know, that there is a better way.  Just because
the world might reject us or our family might turn from us, or even if
our parents abandon us, God will always be there.

A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches."(Proverbs 22:1)

Jesus Christ has given Christians the right and authority to use his name. This means that Christians have been given the power of attorney. Legally, power of attorney is the authority to act in another person's behalf, at their request. It is authorization given by one person (Jesus) permitting another (Christians) to take action on his (Jesus Christ's) behalf.

"And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it." (John 14:13,14)

The name of Jesus Christ is not a magic word. The power is not even in saying words, but in understanding and believing all that the name of Jesus Christ signifies. His name represents all of His finished work on the cross, fulfilling God's plan of redemption and salvation, victory over sin, death, and over the devil's entire realm. When the name of Jesus Christ is invoked, it carries all of the power and distinction God gave to it. God raised Jesus from the dead, elevated Him to His right hand, and gave Jesus a name above "every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come." (Ephesians 1:21)
  
One may ask,
 "So what can I do?". 
 Peter has already answered that question for us,
 "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins;
 and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." (Acts 2:38)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New beginnings

Day 23 of 40