Two Years Later

Can't believe it's been two years already.  Time flies by when your focus is off.  Tonight I was going through some old files and found a blog I never posted a few years ago, and believe it or not I did exactly what I said I should not do.  That is going back to the service industry.  I made exactly what I said I would, but money is not everything.  I did have fun running a small wine bar and meeting many new people in the Gayberhood of Oak Lawn in Dallas Texas.  Some good and some a bit off, but that's anywhere you go.  I've strayed off from my calling over the past two years, but there again I spent 9 years full time, 7 day's a week doing church/ministry.  I have had many people tell me there is no such thing as full time ministry, and my response is "Shit, guess you haven't worked for R.O. then..."

Through all this I have been through so much good and bad, but out of it all I have found one true thing that has rekindled the fire in my heart.

When I finally got sick and tired of failed relationships I quit looking,  and when I did I found Shane.
I can truly say, I don't think I have ever been this happy with someone ever.  Are we perfect? By no means are we, but we communicate.  It doesn't always come freely, I sometimes have to work it out of him. In the end of the day, the work is so worth it.  I have never had anything in life given to me that didn't need constant attention to keep it working.  Wether a car, pet, house, relationship.  It all takes work, it is up to us to decide what we want to put into it.
Although relationships are not cars, they do require daily maintenance.  Same thing goes for our faith.  Faith without works is dead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New beginnings

Day 23 of 40

Revealing God's Plan