Directions? Who needs them...

Directions, im horrible when trying to explain them. I can't retain them when given to me verbally.  I don't know if I just tune out or plainly don't even listen.




““Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.”
Matthew 7:13-14 NIV

                                  

Being single was way easier, and I had everything I wanted and all the money I needed.  Now, I have absolutely nothing......  Nothing...
     Starting a new life with someone does require a new style of living. So far when walking with God, I've learned that I'm sometimes stubborn and stripped of most or allot my possessions. 
 I don't miss my phone. 
Doesn't matter where I am; the park, in the Uber, eating dinner, with friends, at the doctors office, grocery store, parents picking up their children at the care facility, driving and probably even while flying there is always people on their phones.  I feel the worst is when your in bed with your partner. Having so many people starting at their hands, poking, swiping and typing all day. The whole while they are missing what is right in front of them.
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram all feed the addiction of the 'I want it now' generation. 

So many people want what they can't have, and try to find a generic way to get theirs.  Unhappy with what they were blessed with, would rather complain about a gift instread of investing in it. 
Our society has been trained on how someone should behave in said environment, and in doing so has caused a ripple they didn't expect. Or at least that I know of..

I have learned that very early in life God had given me many gifts and talents. The downside is I was never taught how to use them. What people did teach me was that I wasn't enough.  Defective maybe..?  What did I have to look like to be enough?
What I found were people insecure about themselves and in return reflected this on those around them.

The difficult lesson for me was knowing who I was outside of what anyone else said.
As said at the beginning of this entry:
Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.”
YOUR GOING TO MISS IT,  IF YOU ARE NOT PAYING ATTENTION.

Don't get so distracted by your toys that you miss the gift of life you were given!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New beginnings

Day 23 of 40

Revealing God's Plan